Vape Mods VS Pod Systems: Choosing the Right Device for Your Vaping Style
In the wide world of vaping, there's a vast amount of different devices to choose from to go with your vaping style. Are you looking for big clouds with exceptional flavor, or are you looking for a more discreet, small device to get your quick nic-fix? In this blog post, we'll go over some key differences between regular vape mods versus pod systems. Let's begin!
Due to the growing popularity of vaping, there are lots of different devices to choose from. Choosing the right device for you is key for a satisfying vaping experience.
What is a Regular Vape Mod?
A regular vape mod, often referred to simply as a "vape mod" or "box mod", is a vaping device known for its power, versatility, and customization options. These devices are typically larger and heavier compared to pod mods and are favored by vapers who seek greater control over their vaping experience. Regular vape mods (kits, mod with a sub-ohm tank) use Regular E-Juice.
- Size and Design: Vape mods are usually larger and bulkier than pod mods. They come in various shapes and designs, often resembling a box or cylinder.
- Battery Power: Vape mods are equipped with powerful batteries, either internal or external. Because of this, vape mods can provide higher wattages and longer battery life compared to pod mods. This extra power is essential for driving more complex atomizers and achieving large vapor production.
- Variable Wattage: Most vape mods offer variable wattage or voltage settings, allowing users to fine-tune their vaping experience. This customization can cater to different preferences, including cloud chasing or flavor optimization.
- Temperature Control: Many vape mods also support temperature control (TC) mode, which enables precise control over the temperature of the coil. TC mode is used for certain coil types.
- Sub-Ohm Tanks: Vape mods are typically paired with sub-ohm tanks. These tanks are designed to handle low-resistance coils (usually below 1 ohm) and are known for producing large clouds of vapor. Sub-ohm tanks are great for beginner vapers, as they are very simple to use. Just screw in the coil and fill up the tank, and you're good to go. Sub-ohm tanks are compatible with regular E-Juice, which contains freebase nicotine.
Sub-Ohm Tanks: Paired with a Vape Mod
Sub-ohm tanks are a vital component of a regular vape mod setup. They are designed to maximize vapor production and flavor. Sub-ohm tanks screw on top of box mods, and use replaceable coils to vaporize your regular E-Juice. Here's some more info about these tanks:
- Low Resistance Coils: Sub-ohm tanks use coils with resistances below 1 ohm. The lower resistance allows for higher power levels, resulting in faster heating of the coil and increased vapor production. Some tanks will have you screw the coils into the base of the atomizer, or simply push them in.
- Adjustable Airflow: Sub-ohm tanks usually feature adjustable airflow control (AFC), allowing users to fine-tune the amount of airflow through the tank. This affects both vapor density and flavor intensity.
- Top-Fill Design: Many sub-ohm tanks have a top-fill design, making it convenient to refill E-Liquid without disassembling the tank.
- Drip Tips: Sub-ohm tanks often come with wide-bore drip tips to facilitate comfortable direct-to-lung (DTL) inhales, which are characteristic of sub-ohm vaping.
- Regular E-Juice: Sub-ohm tanks are designed for use with regular E-Juice, which typically has higher VG (vegetable glycerin) content for increased vapor production. Nicotine levels in regular E-Juice are lower compared to salt-nicotine E-Juices.
TL;DR, a regular vape mod is a powerful and customizable vaping device that is often paired with sub-ohm tanks to produce large clouds of vapor. Sub-ohm tanks use low-resistance cols and are compatible with regular E-Juice, making them suitable for vapers who enjoy higher-wattage vaping and chasing big clouds.
Now that we've covered regular vape mods and sub-ohm tanks, let's delve into pod mods!
What are Pod Systems?
Pod systems (or Pod Kits) are compact and user-friendly vaping devices designed primarily for beginners and those looking for a more straightforward vaping experience. These devices have gained popularity due to their convenience and portability. Most pod systems use Salt-Nic E-Juice due to their low power, but some pod mods are used for Regular E-Juice, or both!
- Compact Size: Pod systems are small and discreet, often resembling a USB drive or a small pen, making them very portable and easy to carry in pockets or bags.
- Ease of Use: Pod systems are incredibly simple to operate, making them ideal for beginners. They typically feature a draw-activated or button-activated mechanism to vape, eliminating the need for complex settings. Although, some pod systems have adjustable wattage and airflow.
- Pod Cartridges: Instead of traditional 510-threaded tanks, pod systems use interchangeable pod cartridges. Some devices will use only pods, and others will use coils inside of the pod. If the device uses coils inside of a pod, you can rinse the pod out and keep using it indefinitely, only changing out the coils once it starts to taste burnt.
- Salt-Nicotine Compatibility: Most pod systems are designed to work with salt-nicotine (nic salts, salt nics) E-Liquids. NIcotine salts provide a smoother throat hit and faster nicotine absorption compared to freebase nicotine E-Liquids. For more info on regular E-Juice VS Salt-Nic, click here!
- Low Vapor Production: Pod systems are known for producing less vapor than regular vape mods with sub-ohm tanks. This makes them suitable for those who prefer discreet vaping or those who want to mimic the sensation of smoking.
Now that we've covered a bit about pod systems, let's look into pod mods!
Pod Mods: A Hybrid of Pods and Mods
Pod mods, also known as "pod mod vapes", are a variation of pod systems that bridge the gap between simplicity and customization. They offer a bit more flexibility in terms of power and E-Liquid choices while maintaining the compact form factor of pod systems.
- Variable Wattage: Unlike most basic pod systems, pod mods often feature variable wattage settings, allowing users to adjust the power output to their preference. This provides a degree of customization in terms of vapor production and flavor intensity.
- Refillable Pods: Pod mods typically use refillable pods, giving users the option to fill them with their choice of E-Liquid, including both nic salts and regular E-Juice.
- Compact Size: Similar to standard pod systems, pod mods maintain a compact and portable design, making them convenient for on-the-go vaping.
- Nicotine Options: Users can choose from a range of nicotine options, including nic salt E-Liquids for a smoother yet stronger nic-fix, or regular E-Liquids for more flavor variety.
- Interchangeable Coils: Most pod mods offer interchangeable coils within the pods, allowing users to simply replace just the coil instead of the entire pod.
TL;DR, pod systems are known for their simplicity, compact size, and compatibility with nic salt E-Liquids, making them ideal for beginners & those who are transitioning from smoking. Pod mods retain these features but offer additional options, such as variable wattage and more options for E-Juice selection. This appeals to both beginners and experienced vapers who value portability and ease of use.
If you need help picking out the right device, ask us anytime! Feel free to hit us up on live chat, in the bottom right corner.